Thursday, December 31, 2009

NYEstimate.


Its 6:45p.m. on New Year's Eve. I am not a fan of this holiday, particularily in a city like Chicago where the norm to go out is $150 cover to fight for drinks. I considered going out of town to do something smaller and different but that didn't work out. So, my backup plan for the night was a bottle of bubbly and movies on my couch. The only problem is that I generally call that a Sunday. Despite NYE being an entirely arbitrary forced bit of festivity, I still feel like the night should be at least something. Missy and I caucused and came up with a plan.

The plan is amalgam of some of my favorite low-key things to do during 2009: sushis, prosecco and Theory. We are ordering some sushi (with mochi, of course) and then heading over to Theory. It is one of those annoying cover, fight for drinks things. For most people. Due to our loyalty, I emailed the owner and asked if they were sold out on tables. Despite the late notice, he is saving us a table (I suspect creating it out of nowhere) and wants to charge us only 1/3 of the normal price. That, we won't allow.

In the abstract, my estimate is that this NYE will be the perfect way to ring in the new year and the new decade. I think knowing what you like and doing it is a way to start the year off on the right foot. Fingers crossed, the night works out according to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment