Sunday, December 27, 2009

Achoo-ho-ho!

In what I fear may be a pattern, I came down with a cold on Tuesday. As I walked to court that morning, I told my mom that I was feeling fine. And, it wasn't a lie. However, by 3:00 p.m, I had a cold. From fine to sick in 6 hours. A similar thing happened to me right before Thanksgiving. However, this time, I wasn't flying anywhere. The plan was to drive up to Wisconsin on Christmas Eve and return on Christmas night, depending on the weather.

Instead, I was sneezing and coughing on Thursday morning so all parties agreed it was best I stay in Chicago. So I spent Christmas alone with my germs. And, surprisingly, it wasn't bad. It wasn't festive but it wasn't bad. We weren't planning on exchanging gifts so all I missed out on were a few meals. For example, rather than our traditional roast, brussel sprouts and baby Jesus birthday cake (angel food cake), I had nothing but mimosas on Friday. But, I made the most of it, at least from a productive perspective: I did some work, cleaned out my guest room, did my laundry, and generally made things tidier than they have been in awhile.

I'm just hoping I don't get another cold on Tuesday before the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment