Monday, December 21, 2009

Ho-Ho-Holiday Week.


Today was a good day. Work was fairly quiet. The partners are partially out of town which means the potential for an unexpected meeting was less. So much so that I was able to join a friend for a late lunch.

The quiet was broken by an email reminding me of some outstanding memoranda and setting an unfortunate deadline -- Christmas day -- for their completion. 12-25 is a Friday and the person who set the deadline does not celebrate the holiday so not entirely crazy.

Today was also the day that new partners were announced, including a couple of my friends. Good for them. In a celebratory mood, Missy and I decided to play Santa and deliver our gifts to the staff of our gym. Perhaps unsurprisingly, we got everyone a bottle of prosecco. My old cheerleading skills came in handy this morning as I made the labels for each of 20 bottles. I think the bottles were well-received but I guess its the thought that counts if anyone doesn't like it. At least, I hope.

After playing Santa, it was only 6:30. We could have gone to Theory but Missy suggested an old favorite that has fallen to the wayside during the past months due to house guests, friends and other commitments. We drank a bunch of prosecco, ate a bunch of sushi (including my fav, mochi, for dessert) and watched two movies: Four Christmases (very funny, highly recommend) and The Holiday (not as funny but nonetheless cute and recommended).

Ho ho holiday week.

P. S. Happy Solstice.

No comments:

Post a Comment