Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Case of the Tuesdays.

Yesterday was a great day. Particularly considering it was a Monday. I started my morning with spin class for the first time in weeks due to sickness and travel and felt fantastic as I walked into work. I had cooperative opposing counsel and checked several things that had been annoying me off my work to-do list. I had lunch with a friend at N9ne and managed to be disciplined and not eat the delicious cheeseburger. Things were going so well, I decided to buy my Megamillions ticket early. And surprisingly, that did not jinx my day. The afternoon was fine and I even left work early at 6 to do some last minute holiday shopping before my holiday dinner with the Trump Girls.

Today, not so much. My workout was guaranteed sore muscles tomorrow. Turkish Get-Ups? Not for the weak of knee. I was PigPen getting ready: ran my tights (a tough feat in and of itself), found a hole in the side seam of my dress, and spilled my coffee repeatedly. Thankfully, I was wearing boots and a sweater that covered the respective holes but still. My work yesterday was undone when the client yelled at me for a mistake he made. (Totally fixable and the partner knew it was not my fault so no harm, no foul, but the tone!) I went to a lunch meeting only to be one of about 20 people who didn't get any lunch because they had under-ordered. I ended my day by revising a draft (no big deal) and more problematically, the draft's footnotes. I left work at 10:30 p.m., having revised 70 footnotes, only 430 to go. Something to look forward to tomorrow.

Unless, I wake up on Wednesday a Megamillionaire. $weet dream$ are mine tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment