Sunday, December 13, 2009

Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Snow . . .

Despite Monday's snow in Chicago, I made it to New York without incident. While New York was not a tropical vacation -- or a vacation at all -- but it was much better than expected. There were long hours on Monday, but Tuesday and Wednesday were normal to short days. Partners, opposing counsel, and witnesses were all actually nice to me for the most part. Oh me of little faith.

The weather outside was a bit frightful though. On Wednesday morning, I decided to walk to opposing counsel's office. It was only six blocks or so. Unfortunately, it was pouring. My shoes got so wet that they didn't dry out until Friday evening. On my way, I passed Rockefeller Center and the tree. Despite it being 9:15 am, it was lit and festive which was a nice countervailing point to the pouring rain.

The interview went well and fast. So much so that I was able to get on a flight that was supposed to take off 1.5 hours early. Due to snow in Chicago, it was delayed a bit but I still made it back in time to raise a $1 glass of prosecco in celebration of Theory's one-year anniversary. I could show the Chicago post office a thing or two about fulfilling its credo when it comes to attending events.

No comments:

Post a Comment