Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Drama Drag: This Time With Pictures!

Its been over a month but I finally received pictures from Drama Drag: Africa. First, these were my Thanksgiving guests in their drag personas, Angelina and Kiera:

When I stopped by to see my brother before heading to the airport, I got a tour of their house. Last time I was there, they were in the process of moving in. Now, they are settled. Part of the tour was the garage, or as Joel called it, "the gay-rage." (Yes, I was mad that I didn't come up with that one myself.) Instead of storing a car or other such things in the garage, Joel turned it into a giant drag closet. Now that Walter is living there, the gay-rage is complete. They have far more women's clothing than me, probably more than my mom and my wardrobe's combined actually. Without a doubt, more sequin, fringe, feather and fake fur than I have seen in one place in my life. Ditto with the shoes.

This is my all-but-brother-in-law, Angelina SX:
A close-up is helpful. Note that even the contacts are Zebra-like.

My family, minus the males: me, Angelina, mom, and my cousin (who, I will note that now lives with my parents but I never met until Thanksgiving. Putting the fun in dysfunction):

This is an awful picture of me. As you can tell from my expression, I knew there was no way that I, a mere straight girl with only the slighest grasp of make-up could compete with these. Nonetheless, this is me with la Nina Flowers and Angelina. The scary make-up belies the super nice person beneath when it comes to Nina. That said, I have no idea how she fit the Africa theme that she set.


Finally, a picture of me and the photographer. I only realized tonight that her maiden name could easily be a drag name: Amber Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment