Saturday, January 2, 2010

Twenty Ten.


My New Year's Eve plan worked out with one minor detail -- apparently the combination of prosecco and shots causes me to time travel, despite laying a solid foundation. One would think I know better.

I find myself wondering what 2010 will bring. More so than most years, I find myself very uncertain about the future holds, with really no idea what might happen. Keeps things interesting, I guess. As it unfolds, I'll be repeating to myself the one prayer that I actually know off the top of my head, in paraphrase style: strength to accept what I can't change, courage to change what I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

I just wiki'd the serenity prayed and learned that while attributed to Niebhur, has been adopted by Alcoholics Anonymous and the other twelve-steppers. That's unfortunate but I guess appropriate given that I started the new year with a hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment