Tuesday, September 29, 2009

(Boom) Boom Pow

I checked the weather last night, and it told me that today's high was anticipated at 56 (it actually got to 58).  I was at a loss for an outfit.  I guess due to our tepid-at-best summer, I just wasn't mentally prepared for the chill.  I got out the door this morning and it was like, boom, POW -- it is fall!   And, to quote those wordsmiths, the Black-Eyed Peas, "I liked that boom, boom, pow."
 
I went with an experimental outfit this morning.  That's what I like to call an outfit who's component parts are untried and untested with each other.  And, it was particularly experimental since I didn't bother to take it for a test drive at home before packing it and putting it on this morning, when it was too late to acknowledge that the experiment failed.  Today's experiment was comprised of individual pieces that made me think fall: pants, instead of a skirt, and a long, cozy sweater, instead of a jacket.  (I'm not willing to put on tights or a jacket until October, no matter what.)  The experiment turned out fairly well, I'm pleased to report.  Its exactly what I like about fall -- cozy without being bulky.  Chilly without being cold.  If I had some chili to eat and some apple cider to drink, it would be the perfect boom, boom, pow into fall for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment