Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I <3 NY?

I love business travel.  In part, this is because I generally do not have to go bad places for work.  Lately, I've been going back and forth to NYC a lot but my past cases have taken me to Boston, Atlanta, San Fran, and Singapore.  The only place I've been on work that I didn't enjoy was Mankato, MN and that was because of the speed traps that lay between Minneapolis and Mankato -- almost as many as the number of Dairy Queens.  Hot Eats, Cool Treats and lots of cops.
 
However, this week I'm in NYC on a trip that I was looking forward to returning home from before I even left.  I knew it would be a stressful one.  So far, its a four snip rating.  (As opposed to stars, and unlike stars where the more the better, a snip is the number of snippy emails I receive from the partner regarding issues related to the trip.)  That, and, while I love business travel, I usually try to mix a little fun and/or friends in.  Lately, though my timing has been awful.  Who would have thought that in a city of over 8 million people, I cannot somehow manage to meet up with any of my friends for a meal or drink?  Just my luck. 
 
I return home tomorrow evening, to the warm embrace of my booth at my regular bar with the girls for a bit of bubbly and some stories.  NYCan't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment