Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Locker Room.

Last week's short Gym-hiatus had a few unexpected consequences. 
 
First, I've showered more in my own apartment over the last week than I have in the last six months combined.  Between the fact that I try to work out in the mornings 6 days a week (although Saturday always depends on how good or bad my decisions are on Friday night) and that the Gym has a much nicer shower, I usually only shower in my own shower once a week at best.  And, when I say that the Gym has a much nicer shower, I'm not kidding.  Deluge shower with four heads above, four on the walls, you can set the temperature specifically, set the lights to a specific color or ambience (sunrise, sunset, etc), and set a water massage pattern if you wish.  Its really wonderful.  Plus, there is the sauna, steam room and much nicer (and never-ending) lotion than I have at my house.  I have not purchased shampoo in over a year.
 
Second, because of the above, I am accustomed to getting ready with a bunch of friends around me.  Its nice to have a second opinion on whether your experimental outfit works or if you should add a belt or, importantly, someone who will finish zipping that last bit of the zipper without having to wrench your shoulder to do it if you were home alone.  And, these being my friends, we rarely leave the locker room without having complimented each other on something.  Its a nice way to start the day.
 
I apparently have re-set my motivation and have been back at the Gym since Sunday.  Back to the super-duper shower.  Unfortunately, it seems that most of my friends are out of town or busy and I have been getting ready alone -- or, worse, with women who I don't know and it doesn't have that nice comraderie.  I am suffering from Trump-girls deprivation apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment