Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June, Already.


I cannot believe its already June 1. It may not be officially summer yet but we appear to have fast forwarded to August here in Chicago. I've always thought that Spring is a Tuesday in April here but this year, it's particularly true. We're already having a warmer summer than all of last year combined in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. At least, not yet.

June 1st marked my first mortgage payment. One down, three hundred and fifty-nine to go. And yet, my place is not complete. I have about 90% of my furniture, a figure that I consider a win. However, I still do not have two countertops, any light fixtures or window treatments. I can and do live without them but they definitely are a hinderance to really feeling like I'm home. Much less of a hinderance than the entire first week where one of my toilets resided in my dining room. My mom liked to call that an avant gard statement on the current state of dinig at home. She also pointed out that every party needs a pooper. Funny and all but I'm happy to have two fully functional bathrooms with everything back where it belongs.

I hope by the time fall rolls in, I will have a completed place that will be my new home sweet home. Good thing that there are so many fun summer-in-Chicago activities to distract me until its done.

No comments:

Post a Comment