Saturday, June 5, 2010

Super Seasonal Saturdays.


I love love love Saturday mornings during farmers' market season. And, luckily, farmers' market season started a few weeks ago and runs through October.

My new seasonal Saturday involves getting up and going to the farmers' market early to get some flowers. The market opens at 7:00 am. Apparently, when I moved into a building filled mostly with older people, I adopted an older person's sleeping schedule. I can't seem to sleep in anymore, including Saturday mornings. Which, as far as the market goes, is a good thing because the flowers get picked over rather quickly.

After finding flowers, its time for The Double at the gym. (It could be The Triple but I just don't think I could do three class and/or three and a half hours in a row of exercise without a snack break.) The Double is a strength and conditioning class followed by spin. Quick shower and out.

Then, its back to the farmers' market. This time, to walk the market and see if there is anything I need. So far, I've needed spinach dip. But that's just a pretense. I really go back to the farmers' market for Butch McGuire's farmers' market $5 breakfast: two eggs, some form of bread, and some meat. I like to take my english muffin with some eggs over hard and canadian bacon. The McGuire McMuffin is how I like to think of it. Super delicious. Especially followed with the jumbo mimosas. Just so refreshing. Two out of the past three weeks, the bartenders have awarded free shots. Not coincidentally, two out of the past three weeks, I've left with a strong buzz.

I just love Saturday mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment