Friday, June 11, 2010

America's Got Talent!

Last night at Glamorama's kickoff party, Naturally7 (www.naturallyseven.com)performed. I had never heard of them before this party but they are incredible. (Side note: had I bothered to google them, I would have found their official website, a wiki entry, etc.). Incredibly talented and incredible performers.

They are seven guys who perform what they call "vocal play." That means not only do they sing a capella, they make all sounds in the song using only their vocal chords. That translates to air drums, air bass, even air flute. It cracked me a up bit at first -- it takes a real performer to have swagger while rocking with the air flute -- but they are such great performers that I forgot that it was funny pretty quickly.

I've never watched America's Got Talent but nonetheless, I totally think these guys should go on it and win. They apparently have their fourth CD out but they are so good at what they do that you would never know, just by listening, that their vocal chords were responsible for everything you hear. You really need to see it to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment