Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Dinner.

I know that Sunday dinner is a traditional thing for a lot of families. It wasn't really a big deal for my family growing up because we were a family that tried to eat dinner together every night.

Now, as adults, it seems that my family has adopted a Sunday dinner of sorts. Every two weeks or so, my brother and parents get together for Sunday night dinner. My brother, his partner and their dogs come up to my parents' house after working, arriving about 4. He tends to fall asleep immediately while the dogs run around like crazy. My mom often pulls out most (not all) the stops for the meal, especially for dessert. It sounds like a good time. If I lived near them, I'd happily join them.


As I live some 1,500 or so miles away, M and I have started our own little Sunday dinner. We decided last week that tonight's dinner would be breakfast for dinner. We made a frittata, sweet potato hash, blueberry muffins and had bellinis as our drink. Super delicious and mostly healthy AND almost entirely made from scratch. I actually like cooking when I'm not doing it just for myself. That seems like such a waste of time and energy to me. But tonight, we even had friends stop by for a plate. Sunday night is a really relaxing way to end the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment