Saturday, January 2, 2010

Out With The Old.

New year, new stuff.

At 8:00 am this morning, I received delivery of a brand new washer-dryer. The delivery time was a surprise but the delivery itself was much-anticipated. The dryer has been problematic for years. By problematic, I mean two fires (or, at least smoke produced) and an inability to dry a towel in under three hours. I'm a lazy person so it took roughly two years of my mother nagging me to request that my landlord replace it. Once I did, it was a mere two week wait and an hour for nice dry clothes.

After a great spin class at the gym, I spent the afternoon attempting to remove a desk to make room for a new armoire that is being delivered this month. I knew the desk could be taken apart since I put it together but it was somewhat trickier than imagined. Once I figured out the trick to the weird locking screws, it wasn't that bad. Worse to carry down to the trash. I'm very much looking forward to the new armoire. With the replacement of the desk, I am giving away the last bit of my law school life. Its time, after all I've been practicing for over five years now. Also, the armoire's purchase was motivated by the anticipation of my mom spending more time here in the next six months. I think that if she's going to be able to spend some time here, she might as well be able to unpack and make herself at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment