Monday, January 25, 2010

Working for the Weekend.

Or, in my case, working through the weekend. I actually don't mind working from the office on the weekends. Its generally nice and quiet with no ringing phones, hallway chatters, or the like, and casual clothes. (Mind you, not too casual. I'm no longer in college so going to work in my pajama pants, while tempting, is no longer appropriate.) However -- and its an important however -- if you end up working full days in the office, it messes with your mind.


I spent over 20 hours in the office this weekend. I suppose that sounds bad when you put it that way but it was a rather productive use of time. A few hiccups but nothing awful. I usually try to do any necessary weekend work from home but it was logistically silly this weekend. While we accomplished a lot, my problem is that I now feel like it is Wednesday or Thursday. Its weird what a time warp being in the office on a weekend causes. A time warp and a laundry backlog.

1 comment:

  1. At some point though despite the advantage of no phone ringing no client mtgs-the time warp really messes with your head. I find myself esp cranky by Wednesday if I work all weekend. At least you have vacation to look forward to....Jen

    ReplyDelete