Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Vacay!

I am not positive how to pronounce it but my first vacation since the summer of 2006 is taking place on Anguilla, the British West Indies, during the first week of March. I don't mind travelling alone but prefer to take a vacation with someone. For apparently the past almost-four years, my schedule has not matched up with those of my friends. One bonus of my mom's health sabbatical this semester is that she is free to vacation with me and an island has got to be just what the doctor ordered.
We are staying at the Viceroy Anguilla (http://www.viceroyanguilla.com/) for five nights. Neither of us are feeling particularly ambituous soI suspect our itinerary will be limited to working out (me, not so good for the mom right now), laying on the beach, enjoying drinks with umbrellas (or the like), snorkeling, dining at some good restaurants (per Wiki, Anguilla is the culinary capital of the Caribbean) and perhaps a ferry ride to St. Marteen or St. Bart's. Or, essentially doing nothing but being lazy in the nice warm weather (average daily temperature of 83) with white sandy beaches as our scenery.

Cannot. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment