Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday not-Funday

I pulled myself together and went to work this morning for a meeting with two partners about an ongoing, massive project. "Pulled [] together" is in a loose definition of the phrase as I was ponytailed, wearing jeans and my dad's high school t-shirt which has that Abercrombie-"distressed" look to it. They don't make shirts like this any more. It is actual two separate layers of super-soft cotton sewn together. I stole it from my dad some years ago and its my equivalent of comfort food in t-shirts. Its the best.

The meeting was with one senior partner who was leaving for vacation in Spain this afternoon and wanted to give us (me) my marching orders for the ten days while he is gone. It was the other partner's birthday today -- quite a present to start the day by meeting with the senior partner and sniffing, coughing me. Not really ideal for me to attend but the option not to attend was non-existent. The outcome of the meeting was for me to turn around a complete interview outline and nutshell of key questions as well as re-write an 180-page document in the next 10 days. On the plus side, this won't interfere with me going to Colorado this week as planned. On the minus side, it likely means that I will have to do a lot more work in Colorado than I want.

After the meeting, I went to Walgreens armed with a "basics of illness" list from my dad. As a pharmacist, he was dismayed at the woeful state of my home supplies (read: lots of advil, not so much anything else). I purchased his list, including the cough medicine and sudafed necessary for my current illness, and stocked up on some juice. I'm now on the couch, working and napping intermittently. Sunday Funday its not.

No comments:

Post a Comment