Saturday, November 21, 2009

:(

All week, a cold was being ridiculously forward in its flirtations. I tried to reject the cold. I skipped the gym, I went to bed early, I did everything. Hell, I was even at the doctor for my yearly physical. The doctor told me that it was too bad I was sick because she couldn't give me the piggy vaccine. But otherwise, I was just not-well. Yesterday, I woke up feeling better but took a turn from not-well to sick during the afternoon.

Now, I could ask my friends to drop off some cough medicine or juice (unsurprisingly, my apartment is very poorly equipped for illness) but I really just want those things to magically appear and just be left to my wallowing. I'm actually aching from inactivity today. I have done nothing but watch football, cough, watch two movies, nap, cough, and sneeze. Not ideal but I've had enough of being sick so I've decided that I will be 100% tomorrow. Just in time for a 10:00 am work meeting on a Sunday.

I think my health's return would be guaranteed if my mom were here to make me a grilled cheese and stroke my hair. Something magical about mom's medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment