Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rookie Mistakes.

I am in Colorado with my parents for Thanksgiving for the first time
in some years. And, I've been looking forward to getting here for
awhile as I haven't been back since January and a lot has changed
around here -- redone basement, cousin living with them, etc. So, I
wasn't going to let bronchitis stop me. Don't look at me like that. I
am on my third dose of the z-pac and no longer contagious even if
people look at you like you're Typhoid Mary if you cough in public
these days. And don't worry, there is no way I will be cooking for
people unlike T.M.

I got to the airport with intentionally extra time knowing that its a
busy travel week filled with people who never travel. I head to the
priority security line that is usually faster because its filled with
people who have status on the airline for traveling frequently. Rookie
mistake number one. Usually is the operative word. Except around
holidays when those premier executives share their status and bring
little Suzy, little Billy, Uncle Fred and Grandma with them, and they
never have travelled before.

I'm usually smug in my security screening efficiency. This time I had
a bit of a question mark because I was bringing an injection with me
for the first time. And, I sure did get a bag check. But not for the
injection. No, no. For the cleanser I was bringing back for my mom.
Totally forgot about it and definitely more than 3 ounces.
Consficated. Rookie mistake. I'm ashamed of me.

As a bonus to consficating $35 worth of cleanser, I got to explain the
tranny Spice Girl boots. I'm donating them to a drag queen in need.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment