Monday, November 9, 2009

Spicing It Up.

Belated so I will cut to the punch line: my Ginger boots are being donated to a drag queen in need and Laura, who was kind enough to host our pre-party, is STILL finding little curly black hairs from Missy's wig around her apartment. Both funny, both hard to explain.

For me, the best part of the night was the pre-party, where we finished our transformation into the Spice Girls. Missy's afro wig for Scary Spice had too much volume so I gave it a hair cut -- hence the curly black hairs everywhere. At the capable and expert hands of the Schwartz sisters, my hair magically had volume. Mind you it took a serious deep conditioning to get my hair back to normal but it was noteworthy volume. Heather and Todd were such a good Posh and Becks that I couldn't believe that they hadn't done it before. The Schwartzes were perfect as Sporty and Baby.
From there, we went to a house party and then the Galaween at the Chicago Cultural Center. Both were a fun time, but I have to admit that they were less fun for me than the pre-party. It was just so good to see my friends in the same place for the first time since early September. However, I will never ever wear those boots again. Upon hearing that -- and their size -- my brother requested that rather than get rid of them, I bring them to CO at Thanksgiving to donate to a drag queen in need of platform, red, lace-up boots. And who am I to deny a drag queen?

Moral: funny night, spicing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment