Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Appropriate.


As I mentioned, as of Monday afternoon, I'm a member of the 30-Year Club, as my mom calls it.

On Tuesday, I returned to work to find that one of the women that I work out with probably five times per week had left a closing gift for me at the office. While we aren't friends, if you spend five mornings a week for well over a year getting ready with someone, you end up knowing a lot about them. Or, she was just a lucky guesser. Her gift: a bottle of Veuve. Fitting.

This morning, I received a delivery from my parents. It came in a box labeled live plant. As I have something of a black thumb, I was a little confused. But, once I opened the box, I realized just how appropriate and funny it was. My parents closing gift to me was a Money Tree. They are supposed to be Feng Shui-y and bring good luck. To me, it just represents how I feel about this whole process. It really seems like everyone involved seems to assume that money does grow on trees. If only money really did grow on trees . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment