Thursday, April 22, 2010

Whew.

After a week of tension regarding the mortgage, I learned late afternoon yesterday that I will close on my first home on Monday at 1:00 p.m. It was such an incredible relief to get that scheduled. I knew I was anxious about it but I didn't realize just how anxious until it was set.

Of course, the hiccups in the process were not quite done. Because my original closing date was today, the seller scheduled the power to be shut off as of today. Now, its much more likely that it merely was going to be transferred out of her name, but I decided to do the walk-through last night. File that under better-safe-than-sorry, especially after Melissa was not able to do a walk-through on her place until five days after closing because the sellers had stopped the power and it took that long for ComEd to turn it back on. Everything seems fine, even if I had no idea how to use the stove or microwave. File that under fancier-than-me.

Now, we are getting closer to the "fun" part of the process. I'm expecting to receive renovation plans for my kitchen today and have already received an estimate to re-do my master bathroom. Once that work is done, it will be the fun of picking paint and furnishings. Bring on the fun already!

No comments:

Post a Comment