Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Home-Owning.

After finding a workaround on the mortgage issue, I was set to close yesterday at 1:00 p.m. I was told that it would take about an hour so I just worked all morning until it was time. Everyone was on time and ready to go, except for one essential person: the closer. She was well over an hour and a half late and upon arrival, did not apologize. Instead, she adopted a surly, and worse, slow attitude. After some serious prompting, and a $300 reduction in my fees for her tardiness, I was finally a homeowner around 6:00 p.m.

Sadly, my excitement for being a homeowner was seriously dampened by two things. First and most importantly, my overwhelming hunger. Once my blood sugar drops, I become a beast and it takes awhile for me to recover, mood-wise. My super nice agent picked up some food for us on our way to my new home. We met up with Melissa who was there unpacking as she moved into her new place that day. We ate the desperately needed food and toasted with some well-planned prosecco. Sadly, that brings me to the second thing. Melissa's places is similar to mine but currently soooooooooooooo beautiful and mine just isn't. I have high hopes but I want my place to be pretty without the wait. Patience is really not one of my virtues.

But, my place is on its way to pretty. I met the contractor who will be removing the ugly popcorn ceiling, painting and putting up crown moulding this morning. Of course, that was not without a hiccup. My keys worked perfectly well last night but this morning, they refused to open the door for me, Melissa, or the building engineer. I called a locksmith but before he got there (well over an hour late, by which time I was at work), my contractor was able to fix it.

Home ownership is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment