Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Purge.

As part of my moving preparations, I have purged my apartment twice in the past three weeks. After the first time, I collected seven bags earmarked for Goodwill and five bags directed toward the trash. I thought that was good. But last weekend, I realized there was still more stuff that does not need to be moved. So, I added another three bags to the Goodwill pile and another five bags to the trash.

While I -- more specifically my knees -- do not enjoy the many, many trips down the stairs, I very much enjoy the purge. I have drawers and shelves that are entirely empty. I don't know why I lived with all of this stuff before. It stayed here for almost six years, doing nothing. As of this morning, that stuff is out in the world, ready for someone to help it fulfill its purpose.

1 comment:

  1. LOL - that many bags sounds like an episode of that TV show "Hoarders." As much as moving sucks, it is a great feeling to get settled into a new place.

    ReplyDelete