Thursday, April 8, 2010

Habitual.

For most of my adult life, I've been a regular gym-goer. For the past year and a half, I turned myself into a morning worker-outer. That was a big change in habit for me as I'm really not a morning person. (Or a night person either. I'm good for about three hours during the day really.) But the morning classes at my gym are worth getting up at 6 to attend. That and it gets me to work earlier and I haven't bought shampoo in, coincidentally, a year and a half as I get ready at the gym 5-6 mornings per week.

But, in the last month, a combination of misbehaving knees and working too late caused me to break that habit. I resolved that this week would mark my re-dedication to morning workouts. My knees objected to that plan on Monday and Tuesday. This morning, when I really had no excuse, I still didn't get up and go because I was more comfortable in bed. It takes three weeks to make or break habit. And, I'm over the tipping point.

Its going to be a painful next three weeks as I re-make my morning workout habit. But, its a habit that's worth the pain. Or, at least, that's what I'm going to have to tell myself. We'll see in three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment