Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Due Diligence.

Halloween is a mere three days away at this point. I am generally awful at coming up with costume ideas. Thankfully, this year, it was done for me. Melissa came up with a group costume for the Trump Girls, the Lauras, Andrea, Missy and Heather. We're going to be the Spice Girls! According to Melissa, some of the casting was just so obvious: Heather as Posh, Andrea as Baby, Laura as Sporty and me as Ginger. I always end up as the redhead despite my protests -- I was born a redhead but am not a redhead now, except in the right light.

As part of our costuming, Melissa found herself some leopard print leggings, black wedge boots and a gold sequin skirt. I ordered a British flag dress (which because it is crazy-short and its almost November and chilly, will be worn with jeans) and some red, vinyl, platform boots. The boots are just awful -- they are PERFECT. Heather has it easy with a tight, black dress and stilettos. Laura has the most comfortable with gym clothes. Andrea's actually might be tough -- its hard to find pastel, babydoll dresses these days.

Honestly, I was concerned that we had overdone it.

That is, until I did my due diligence and watched Spice World tonight. Scary Spice wore so much animal print it was, well, scary. As it turns out, I was well cast as Ginger is depicted as being a fountain of useless trivia. However, I also learned that Geri NEVER wore pants. She must be Lady Gaga's role model. As noted, I will definitely be wearing pants so I guess I won't be true to character.

All that is left to do before Halloween is to download the best-of album to play at our pre-party. So excited to spice it up on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment