Sunday, August 9, 2009

Princexcess.

I have occasionally -- jokingly -- called myself a princess. I think others have repeated it -- without the joke. Its true that I only go to baseball games when I can sit in a box.* But, since baseball is one of my least favorite sports to watch, why would I want to buy a ticket, sit in the sunburn-causing sun, wait in line for watered down drinks, for what is without-fail, an 11 inning game? I cannot think of a single good reason to do that. But, throw in free drinks, shade, sometimes air-conditioning, and nice spread of hot dogs, popcorn, and other deliciously bad food, and I'm in.

But, recently, I realized that I've slowly ceded the chore part of my life to professionals. I no longer clean my house (I tidy instead) and I have a trainer. Hell, my gym presses my suits, shines my shoes, and does my laundry for me so I never have to take home sweaty clothes.

Today, though, may have put me over the top. I met Missy for an incredibly delicious lunch at NoMi which is a superb lunch spot, with its nice view, very calm atmosphere and tasty food. We split a calamari salad (except that I made her eat the calamaris that look like what they are -- those creep me out) and spicy tuna roll and had two glasses of bubbly. (Note: I was not joking in my initial post about the bubbly.) And, then, we had an appointment with our shopper. For a person like me who doesn't like to shop, its the ideal way to shop. The shopper pulled all of the things she thought I'd like, I was given a bottle of water, and had a nice little room to try on my potential purchases.

I was this close to being a lady who lunched, a real little princess. Except for that pesky job part. After a quick Berry Chill stop, it was time for both of us to go back to work.

*Unfortunately, it appears I'm going to have to make an exception to this rule soon due to an upcoming bachelorette party that involves a Cubs game, no box. Sigh. The things we must do.

**Coincidentally, when I bother to wear perfume, this is what I wear -- and I swear, I didn't know its name when I was given the sampler, from which I selected it:

No comments:

Post a Comment