Thursday, August 27, 2009

Let Me Count The Ways.

My mom sent me one of the best cards I've received in a long time. She told me that she owed me some money and was going to mail it. It was only a small amount so I told her not to bother, that she could buy me dinner or something next time I saw her. But she was adamant. Best card because:

1) It was a funny card. It read: "Everything is fine, all I have to do is win the lottery." Funny because its true. I really do consider the lottery my retirement plan and I keep on applying for the open Next Megamillionaire position. Can't win if you don't play;
2) Her note directed me to cash the check and use it to buy lottery tickets. MegaMillions is over $300 million for tomorrow's drawing. Mama knows best. I'm buying lottery tickets tomorrow; and,

3) She included a little blast from my past. A newspaper article with a picture of my 13 year-old self at swim practice. Synchronized swimming practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment