Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Snafu.

After Paris, we were bound for Palma de Mallorca, the largest city on the largest of the Baleric islands off of Spain. Not a place that normally would have made our itinerary but we were chatting about our trip in the early summer in our spin class. Our spin instructor is British and was giving us London recommendations and then invited us to Mallorca to stay with her at her house there. Apparently, Mallorca is a popular holiday destination for Brits as it is only a two hour flight and the weather is SIGNIFICANTLY nicer in that you can see the sun frequently.

We arrived at Paris-Orly for our 9:30 am flight bright and early. But, when we went to check in, all we got was a look of confusion in response. We were then told that our flight did not exist, that it did not operate on Saturdays and they had no idea why Orbitz sold us a flight that didn't exist and/or didn't inform us when it was cancelled. They directed us to talk to Iberia.

Iberia told us we needed to talk to Orbitz, as they were the ones who sold the flight. So, we pulled out our phones. Actually, initially, I was just calling but I got hung up on twice in the process so we both called to try to get this resolved. I was told that Orbitz would have to call Iberia so I was put on hold. For 25 minutes. On international roaming. I shudder to think what my phone bill is going to be.

Of course, once I am taken off hold, I am told that Orbitz can't reach any Iberia agents in Paris and the people they could talk to in the U.K. said that they could not do anything until Monday. Clearly, not helpful. Finally, I just handed my phone to the Iberia agent standing not 15 feet from me. Orbitz told me that they were sorry for the "inconvenience" but there was nothing they could do. Also known as, sorry but its not my problem that you're stranded in Paris even though I sold you a flight that does not exist. Thankfully, the Iberia agent took pity on us dealing with the Orbitz idiots and re-booked us on her own (even though technically, I guess, Orbitz was supposed to do it) to Palma via Barcelona.

Long story short: Orbitz is getting a letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment