Friday, October 29, 2010

Heed the Horoscope.


One of my friends began reading us our horoscopes every morning as we'd get ready at the gym. Generally, I think horoscopes are so generic and broad that they are hard to be wrong. But, I also think they are fun. So, I spread the fun by sending my brother and a couple friends their horoscopes when they are particularly noteworthy.

This week, it seems that the horoscopes have been both more specific and more accurae. One day, it told me that I was worried about my health. Coincidentally, it was a day where my knees were acting out like children throwing a temper tantrum. That same day, it told my friend that he needed to be careful as he might break something and get into a fight with someone. He had already shattered a glass that morning. He decided to bite his tongue for the rest of the day when people bothered him.

Today, I sent my brother his horoscope. It read:

LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Be on guard today. Some aspect of your private life is going to suddenly be very public, especially in the eyes of bosses, parents, teachers and VIPs. (Gulp.) Incidentally, this includes the police. It will be swift and unexpected. (Check your zipper.)

Rather a specific order to conclude. My brother followed directions and incredibly -- his zipper was open! I've decided its only prudent to heed the horoscopes from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment