Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day.

It has been snowing literally all day long -- before the sun came up and continues well after it set. This is the most snow Chicago has seen in at least a year, maybe more. And, it could not be more perfectly timed for me.

My work load is pretty light right now so I did about four hours of work in the morning, had lunch with a friend, and decided at 2:00 pm to leave before the snow and roads were supposed to get worse. I did not miss a single call (I know because I forwarded my phone just in case), or even a non-spam email during "work hours." In addition, its really quite lovely outside right now and will be for about the next 12 hours until the dirt of the city turns everything grey.

Those are my pluses to an adult version of a snow day. On the minus column, my rheumy sure isn't loving it. Can't win 'em all. Assuming the weather clears out as forecasted, I'll be back to normal aches and pains by Thursday afternoon. I (finally. . .hopefully) will be done with my review, and will look forward to attending an event on Friday evening with one of the more annoying Real Housewives of New York, and celebrating the Year of the Tiger in Chinatown on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment