Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fated Frames.

I've loved having my mom in town this week but it has admittedly been a tad stressful just because I am used to doing things subject only to my own schedule. Today, I had a mental schedule of getting home early, by 6:00, in order to have a quick dinner of delicious mama-made grilled cheese and then head to Southern Italy wine tasting at Perman Wines.

At about 4:55, my mom called, telling me that her glasses had broken while she was leaving over a hot oven. The plastic lens was scooped up quickly enough that no real harm was done. BUT, her glasses were unwearable and without glasses my mama can't see. This was an emergency given that we are set to depart for the island at the pre-crack of dawn on Sunday.

I dropped what I was doing and headed home to pick mom up and take her to a vision place. While not perfect, thankfully, we were able to find a frame that works. And, a frame that was oddly reminiscent of glasses the my mom wore when she was a kid. Its totally retro and quite cute.

It almost appeared fated -- the only frame in the store that would fit her current lens was from Tommy Bahama. Its like Tommy knew that we needed him to get to our vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment