Saturday, November 12, 2011

Floored.

When I left home, I left behind a flooring mess. Thanks to a leak on the 12th floor, I spent four, very long and loud days with drying equipment in my kitchen and hallway. When they came to remove the equipment on Sunday, it did not appear to me that the kitchen floor was dry. I sent a text to the project manager mentioning that. He was supposed to go look on Monday. Then, he said it would be on Wednesday. With me being out of town, apparently he could not be bothered to actually go look until Friday. And, when he did see the floor, he realized I was right. The floor was not dry and needs to be replaced.

So, thanks to no plumbing issues of my own, I have to replace every floor in my place with the exception of my two bathrooms. My kitchen tile needs to be replaced -- hopefully it will be done soon since I cannot currently use my dishwasher or stove. My parquet floors need to be matched, patched, sanded and re-stained. And, the carpet in my bedroom and closet needs to be replaced from June's sewage fun.

I cannot decide if the worst part is the expense, the hassle or the fact that no one has said sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment