Monday, November 14, 2011

Competitive.

I don't generally think of myself as a competitive person, but I know I can be.

Proof: Walking home from dinner tonight, M and I realized that a horse carriage was beside us. And, worse, it was beating us. I mean, I know a horse has four legs and was hauling both a carriage and three people but ain't no way, no how, that the horse was going to beat us.

Sadly, for a block or so, it was a close call. Whenever the horse got close to passing us, it would snort like it knew we considered him competition. And, I would start cracking up. Clearly, I did not have the eye of the tiger tonight. But, thankfully, my lack of focus did not result in us losing to a carriage horse. We pulled away and did not look back.

A win is a win, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment