Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gym Crush.


One of my friends is a very good and consistent worker-outer and has been the vast majority of his life. But even he occasionally needs something to look forward to at the gym. We like to joke about his gym crushes (GOMD, or girl of my dreams). When GOMD is at the gym, it seems to make his entire workout better.

I decided that a completely fabricated gym crush was what my workouts were missing. However, my gym is weird in that most of the people you see there are hotel guests and therefore do not have good crush potential as you're unlikely to see them again. The male gym members are skewed towards older and married. So, really, that leaves the instructors as the limited pool of single and reliably present guys. Luckily, the instructors are fairly attractive.

However, I realized that a significant problem with my gym-crush-on-an-instructor plan is that it is less of a crush and more of an incidence of Stockholm Syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment