Sunday, August 22, 2010

Brought By the Letter B.


Today was an absolutely perfect summer day. It was a day that I want to remember and recall when its cold and icy. And, it seems to have been brought to me by the letter B.

B was for brunch at the Beachstro. The Oak Street Beachstro is such a lovely view with relatively good food and drink. You can easily forget that you're in the middle of the city when you see the sand, waves, palm trees, and hear the live music. We had a really delightful time.

B was for a bike ride up to a bowling benefit. A server at one of my favorite bars has been going through breast cancer treatment. Her boss arranged for a benefit to help defray the costs of her radiation treatments at Southport Lanes. Southport Lanes is a Chicago tradition, of sorts. They still have pin-setting boys. If you tip (or, some say bribe) them, they will give you a little help on making that strike. It was a great turnout and a fun time.

B was for a BBQ with a bunch of a friends of friends. I saw beer-can chicken made for the first time. Quite impressive. The BBQ was delicious food and fun and interesting people.

B is for Bull and Bear. We stopped by on our way home to scope the place out. Its not new and its close to the office. I have no idea why I have not been before. Rumor had it that it was a very man-heavy bar. Rumor appears to be right. We will be back.

B is for the bit of a burn I got from so much time in the sun. I'm pink. Proof of actually seeing the sun.

B is for going to bed early after a day well-spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment