Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Vacation Blues.

In short: vacation was really wonderful and being back in the office is really much less so.

As I sat in a windowless conference room today, paging through five boxes of paper, with the papercuts to prove it, surrounded by nothing but boxes and no one to talk to, I realized just how much less so. A week ago, I was sitting on the beach, surrounded by surf and sand, enveloped by the warmth of my old friend the sun, with my mom at my side, sharing barbeque and drinks. I could get used to that very easily. As my mom said as we sat in the St. Maarten airport, hearing flights being called for Saba, St. Bart's, and St. Kitt's, it was poor planning to go home after only five days. But, unfortunately, while poor planning, had we stayed as long as my lazy heart desired, I'd be planning to be poor.

Add to that week juxtaposition, today I had to accept a change in position that is rather discouraging. Hopefully, it will turn out to be for the best, but today, I'm blue about the whole work thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment