Thursday, March 18, 2010

Daylight Savings Suckered.

Daylight Savings started last weekend. I wasn't one of those people who showed up somewhere an hour too early. Nope, all of my clocks were changed and I was timely on Sunday. And yet, I still got suckered by Daylight Savings. However, I wasn't the one who suffered.

Yesterday, I had a call with a client in Singapore and co-counsel in San Fran. It was a re-scheduled call from the week prior because the client had forgotten about it. We had to use the ten minute rule last week. The call was at 6:30 pm CT, 4:30 PT, and 8:30 am on March 18 in Singapore. Like the week before, ten minutes elapsed and there was no sound of the client. Co-counsel called her office, sent her an email saying he'd try her cell. He called me, and prior to conferencing her in, reminded me of what happened last weekend. We had totally forgotten that Singapore -- being essentially on the equator -- doesn't use daylight savings. We woke the poor woman up.

Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment