Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Anguilla.

Anguilla is an island that has informally adopted the motto that "it is good to do nothing and then rest." It was exactly what I needed.

Everyday was fairly similar in weather and activity. It was somewhere between 83 and 89 degrees each day. Every morning, I worked out, went to the beach, ate a low key lunch, and had a couple drinks. Every afternoon, when it got really hot, we went back to the room, to read and nap on our balcony overlooking the crashing waves below. Every evening, dinner was around 7:30 and then we'd head back to resort's bar for some after dinner cocktails. Minor variations would exist in that pattern.

It may sound boring but it was perfect.

As an aside, while I didn't make my mom drink with me, she decided to keep me company. Woman probably had more drinks in five days with me than in the past five years combined. She is starting to see the beauty of bubbly. Rather than me becoming my mom, I'd say she's slowly becoming me. They grow up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment