Friday, March 2, 2012

Riddler.

M is in Cancun this weekend. At the request of one of her friends, she got an international phone plan for this month so that she could send as many "Mexts" as necessary. This morning, she sent me this:

Kind mean considering my view this morning, a very grey day with a winter storm watch ahead of us today:

But, her trip and picture reminded me of my favorite Spanish riddle: What English word spells a Spanish phrase? Socks. S-O-C-K-S, or in Spanish, "eso si que es," which happens to translate to one of my more favorite ways to end a disagreeable discussion, "it is what it is."

Fun fact about me: I have a degree in Spanish but prior to going to Spain last summer, had never been to a Spanish-speaking country, including Mexico even though I lived in Texas for three years. Sad but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment