Monday, March 19, 2012

Decisive.

It is rare for me to know with certainty about the correctness of my decision. Usually, it takes sometime and perspective with a view of the totality of the circumstances.

Not today.

I knew within 10 minutes that I had made the absolutely wrong decision. When I woke up this morning, I had some not insignificant leg pains going on so I had an internal debate as to whether I should ride my bike or drive this morning. On the one hand, riding usually makes my legs work better and the weather is still so nice. On the other hand, ouch. Since I had given myself a Day of Rest yesterday (aka been a bum and skipped almost any kind of physical activity in favor of laying around), I decided to ignore the other hand and ride my bike.

I was about half way to the gym when I heard "POP. . . hssssss." Well, shit. My first ever flat tire. And, I, of course, (1) still haven't learned to change a flat and (2) do not carry a spare tube or the tools to do so.

So, I turned around and walked (limped, as my legs still aren't working quite right) my bike back home, got my keys, dumped my bike in my car and raced to the gym to try to make my spin class (because, again, riding usually helps my legs). Of course, I got there in time to learn that the instructor stood us up. This particular part of the story has a silver lining though -- even though I didn't get to try to fix my legs with a class, I did get a $50 "we're sorry" gift certificate that I plan on putting toward a massage.

Also, I like to think that the week can only go up from here. I will hate to be decisively wrong about that too. Fingers crossed, I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment