Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Unsolicited Advice.

One of my favorite events of the year, Glamorama, is on Friday. It is a mix of fashion (fall lines) and music (this year, Cee Lo and Far East Movement are performing) with a fun after-party, replete with tasty food,drinks and dancing. It tends to be girls and gay guys. Goes without saying that a fun party dress is necessary.

Earlier this year, I bought a dress because it was a crazy good deal. White, long-sleeved jersey with a sparkly black waist band. The obvious drawback to the dress for this event in August is the long-sleeves. Last month, I was shopping with K and M and found a dress on super sale that a magpie would love. Sleeveless, short, silvery-blue sparkles everywhere.

I was texting with my friend, K. He and I have been friends since high school. We were joking about Glamorama so I decided to get his opinion on which option was better given all the circumstances. After seeing pictures of both dresses, he voted for the shimmer silver. Just for fun, I sent the same two pictures to my brother to get the gay guy perspective, seeing as how that demographic will be represented while K's straight guy demographic will be sparse at best on Friday. His response:

"The white one is fierce. Joel [his partner, and a drag queen] says wear a thong."

Duh.

But seriously, I was somewhat insulted that they thought I would need such advice. Apparently, Joel's sisters need the advice but I have those basics under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment