Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Heed the Horoscope - Part II.

Ever since Georgia Nicol's knew that my brother's fly was down, I have had a little more respect for the horoscopes, particularily the ones with something quirky about them.

Yesterday's horoscopes had some quirks for my mom and M. My mom's warned that medical problems may arise ("What, again?"). Prior to hearing that, she had planned to try driving alone for the first time since her surgeries. Instead, she heeded the horoscope and decided that staying put might not be such a bad plan.

M's was just odd. "Strange and curious things will happen. Strange and curious people will do strange and curious things. Curioser and Curioser." I'm not sure how her day was but we both went to an evening spin class. In it was a guy that someone had tried to set her up with some months ago. It was not a match that night, although M thought he seemed like he was probably a nice, but very nervous, guy. Odd enough that he would be in that class. After class, it was Taco Tuesday for us at Theory. Of all the bars in the world -- or, River North --, he walked into ours. Curious and curiouser for sure.

Now, if only my horoscope would say something like "buy a lottery ticket." I'd heed that immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment