Monday, August 19, 2013

Pirate Papa.

My dad's birthday is tomorrow.  Since the USPS is rather unpredictable on making the trip from Chicago to Colorado, I always try to mail any cards a week in advance.  This time, that meant that it got there a few days early, which was perfect as my family held my dad's birthday dinner early rather than on the actual day. I try to find unusual cards generally speaking but was particularly pleased with my find for this year: it was a pirate hat, complete with eye patch and parrot.  On the card, I told my dad that I fully expected him to be wearing the hat while eating his birthday cake -- no arrrrrrrrrg-uments accepted.

My dad is nothing if not a good sport when it comes to silly requests from me:


There you have it -- the western pirate look.  I actually think he is rocking it.  Maybe he was a pirate in a past life.

No comments:

Post a Comment