Monday, August 19, 2013

Goodie Bag.

I love me a goodie bag.  Usually, they are filled with sample sizes of things I don't ever intend to use.  Doesn't make me love them any less.  I don't think I'm alone in this -- free.99 is a pretty awesome price.

Last week I attended the launch of a restaurant in the Loop called Vapiano.  I learned that it is the 133rd location of this predominantly European chain.  It was a super fun event.  Great DJ, fun people, the servers and kitchen staff came out at one point to show off their pre-opening dance routines (they have a dance party every morning), and they were really pushing the food and drink.  In my experience, you usually leave a restaurant opening hungry.  Not this time.  Full bowls of pasta for everyone.  If you liked your slice of pizza, they brought you a whole pizza the next time they came by.  In addition to people pouring wine, there were just bottles everywhere for self-help.  Pretty incredible display of free.99.

But, the best part for me was the goodie bag:


Yup, a rosemary and  a basil plant.  Technically, it was supposed to be one or the other, but we are friends with the girl who was doing the PR for the party and she relieved us from having to make the tough choice between the wonderful basil but hardier rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment