Monday, June 17, 2013

Better Late Than Never, Summer.

It has been a long, slow climb toward summer here this year.  Every time the weather would flirt with the idea of acting like summer, a big storm system would come through and knock it back down.  Which is why it took over three weeks since the pool opened for me to go for my inaugural visit as a member.

Yesterday was not exactly a perfect pool day but it was close enough: passing clouds, kind of breezy and about 80 when the sun was not obscured.  M had a free hour so we packed up our towels, pulled out the sunblock, grabbed our books and we were off to the pool.  Despite it not being quite a pool day, it seemed like A LOT of people had the same idea as us about ripping off the summer band-aid as the place was pretty packed.

It was really quite delightful.  I was there only about an hour but that was long enough for my pale skin to get a light pinking.  It was funny to watch the little kids do little kid things.  I had to ask M what we did in the pre-noodle days  because I honestly couldn't remember.  I know we didn't have noodles when we were kids but it seemed like everyone -- both kids and adults -- were using them.  Her response: we actually swam.  Oh, right.  Shark and minnows.  Marco polo.  Ring diving.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment