Saturday, August 11, 2012

Glamorama 2012.

I say it every year because it is true: Glamorama is one of my favorite events of the year.  Just the perfect mix of fashion, music, fancy, and party.

My only quibble with Glam is that it is always on a Friday.  Last year, M had to rush to make it thanks to work.  This year, I was the one rushing (although it was to make it to dinner more than Glam).  On the plus side, it never takes me very long to get ready for it -- throw on a dress, add some makeup, grab your ticket and you can be out the door in ten minutes.  It is not like a formal event where the hair takes forever.  

Prior to heading to the Harris Theater, we had dinner at Aria.  M and I wanted to go there since watching Top Chef's most recent season.  After a death-defying cab ride, we were thankful to be there.  Unfortunately, no one seemed even halfway as thankful to see us.  We had to flag our server down and express our need to leave within an hour.  The food was very tasty but the atmosphere was a little odd.  I chalk that up to its location in a hotel.

From dinner, we walked a block to the show and afterparty which were held at a new venue -- the Harris Theater.  The historical venue for the event is the Chicago Theater and the After Party on Macy's seventh floor.  I'm of mixed feelings about the change but overall, I think I prefer the old venues.  On the plus side for the new venue, everything was in one place.  There was no block-long mad dash to get the afterparty.  On the minus side, the new venue was smaller, which made it seem like you did everything you could possible do in one circuit around.  That said, it was still super fun.

Our annual picture provided by Patron:

L, me, K and M.  I have no idea why my head looks so small.

This year's new photo opp, the flipbook:


No comments:

Post a Comment