Monday, July 16, 2012

Beware of Sharp Objects.

As I was riding to the gym this morning, I thought back to a few months ago when I had my first ever flat.  I was thinking that while it had been quite an unfortunate and not inexpensive start to the week, that I just loved riding my bike and how much easier, cheaper and fun it is than driving.

And then, I heard a hissing.  I thought at first that I was just hearing things, maybe a sprinkler nearby or something but no, I was at commercial street corner with no sprinklers nearby.  So, I hopped off my bike and listened closer.  Sure enough, my bike was hissing.  Upon a close inspection, I found a small piece of glass stuck in the front tire.  And, of course, I still don't have the necessary components or confidence to be able to change a flat on my own.  So, I walked my bike back home, stuck it in my car and drove to the gym.

And then, I was getting dressed this morning after my spin class, I managed to stab myself in the neck with a pin I didn't realize was in my dress.

I'm hoping that this morning is not the start of a repeat of my bad week back in March that began with a flat. Instead, I have my fingers crossed that it is just a bad day for me and sharp objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment