Saturday, May 5, 2012

70.3



M is a half-Ironwoman! 

And, dear God, did she earn that.  There were no small amount of prayers and swears involved because Napa is HILL-Y.  I mean, damn.  It reminds me of my Colorado-driving days.  We drove the bike course on our way home and man, 56 miles is LONG.  And, that is in a car.  I don't know how she did it.  And, I don't know how once she did it, she got herself off that bike and ran a half-marathon.  As we kept saying, thanks to the layout of the course, it was more like running four 5K's than 13.1 miles straight.  Regardless of that mental trick, she swam 1.2 miles, biked 56 miles, and ran 13.1 miles for a grand total of 70.3.  Impressive, no?

We got there early so we spent probably 9 hours at that lake.  I have absolutely no desire to ever go back there.  Which is unfortunate since my little sprint is tomorrow.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment